Sunday, May 1, 2016

#cuerockstar conference high



You know that feeling when you go to a conference, get reenergized and come back with all these amazing ideas?  I would say the CUE Admin Rockstar conference is like that but on steroids.  It's not just so many good ideas, but I feel changed.  Not so much changed, but the push to be the person I want to be.  The push to pursue all the things I knew I liked, but were not necessarily my focus.

So, as I approach Monday, I am energized, excited and enthused to go back to work.  The challenge will be how to keep the energy and enthusiasm when the day to day realities are there (hello LCAP template).  

My takeaways from CUE Admin Rockstar:
  • tell your story via social media
  • social media as the best PLN
  • Google forms as a timesaver
  • 1:1 is out of date- it's not that you have 1:1, it's what you do with 1:1
  • and it may be 3:1 (sometimes you need an iPad, others a Chromebook, others a laptop, others an iPodetc...) let's teach kids a variety of tools and let them go
  • Digital writing is blogging and podcasting.
  • Give kids the tools.  Don't wait to train the teachers.
  • Go. Do. Be awesome.
Thanks CUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment